06 April 2007

Children's Books/Ezariu family/Mr. Filipovici

Yesterday and today we gave 18 children's Bible storybooks to Nathaniel's kindergarten class and 30 children in Ethan's primary school. They were well-received and appreciated.

My family and I have been invited over to the home of the Ezariu's for an "Easter" meal. The Ezariu's are very strong Orthodox, but she has invited me to speak to them about the resurrection of Jesus. Even though we would prefer not to "celebrate" with them, I will take any opportunity opened to me to teach the truth. The lesson I plan to share with them is from Luke 24 and the disciples on the road to Emmaus. In the story, Jesus mildly reproves them for not knowing the Scriptures. This will afford me a good opportunity to encourage the Ezariu's to read their Bibles for themselves, something that most Orthodox people do not do.

Yesterday was the first time that I was able explain more to Mr. Filipovici about our worship. Although he will not come this Sunday, I hope he will do so the following Sunday or one in the near future. Our studies are going very well and he is reading more and more from his Bible. He has told me that he gets a double benefit from our studies, learning the Bible while learning English. That's the real purpose of our studies.

No comments: