29 September 2007

Mr. Filipovici

"I am learning both the Bible and English and my thoughts are changing". This is the essence of what my Bible student Mr. Filipovici said to me last Tuesday during our Bible study. I have been studying with him for over a year and I have seen his enthusiasm grow from just wanting to learn English to wanting to learn more about the Bible. I have not gotten into deeper study with him yet. It will come in the second series of lessons. However, I am patient. I would rather that he take his time soaking in God's word than for me to ruin it by giving him too much at once. This is pretty much typical of studying with those raised in Eastern Orthodoxy. Mr. Filipovici has said that when the temperatures get cooler he would come to worship some time. He has yet to make that step, but I tried to drop some hints Tuesday. I showed him the living room where we worship and the songbooks that we use. I beg you to pray for him. His heart is the most open of all my and Stephanie's students.

No comments: