29 July 2007

Campaign

We have been conducting our July campaign using World English Institute materials. Stephanie has six new students, Rachel four, Paul one and I three. Paul's student and my student left for vacation in the middle of July for vacation, so we will follow up when they return. My other two students had to cancel due to job obligations.

As you can see in this sweet photo of Hannah, we are having a positive influence on our children in what we are doing. Stephanie walked into one of the rooms set up for the studies and found Hannah imitating a Bible study that she had heard Stephanie conduct. Hannah looked up and said, "Shh, I'm studying with my student" and continued to pretend, jabbering as in a study. Stephanie left quickly to scramble for the camera to capture this moment. Hannah then closed her book and said, "Ok, see you next time." As you can see, she had her book upside. :)




Well, I turned 34 on Friday, July 27. One of Rachel's students, Silvia Romanec, baked a U. S. flag cake Thursday and brought it to a study. Her husband owns a bakery in town. So, we used it as birthday cake (but I'll still want Stephanie to make my coconut cake when she can!). It was a good occasion to make a team picture and to send it to Mrs. Romanec.




No comments: