23 March 2007

I don't have my glasses

This morning I was at the bank waiting for someone when a Romanian man approached me and asked if I would fill out a form for him. He said he couldn't see the form without his glasses. I said sure, but at the same time hoping that the person I was waiting for would appear. I almost told him to ask someone else since I was a foreigner, but I decided to do what I could. I managed to fill it out as he gave me the information he needed. I told him at the end that I hoped that I filled it out correctly because I am foreigner and told him where I was from. He said that he noticed. My accent and my the questions I asked while filling out the form gave me away. Once again he explained that he did not have his glasses. Knowing that he was probably apologizing for bothering me, I told him "Cu placere am facut asta" ("With pleasure I did this"). He shook my hand and went on his way. It's the little things like this that makes it a joy to be a child of God and his missionary on earth.

No comments: